Bureau of Administrative and Support Services (BASS)
The Bureau of Administrative and Support Services employs most of the Department’s civilian personnel as well as some sworn employees. Employees from BASS divisions provide the Department with essential services through their extensive technical and professional expertise. These services range from:
- Installing police radios and radar units in patrol vehicles...to maintaining a Computer-Aided Dispatch system;
- From hiring a talented, diverse, and engaged workforce...to facilitating rewarding volunteer opportunities;
- From managing and maintaining Department buildings and grounds across the Commonwealth...to preparing the Department’s annual budget;
- From safeguarding and housing the Commonwealth’s biometric and criminal justice information...to protecting individual rights while enforcing compliance with sex offender and firearms statutes;
- From recruiting and training the Department’s future troopers...to preparing our personnel for the challenges of 21st Century Policing;
- From managing information technology procurements...to building innovative, efficient, reliable, and secure solutions to support the Department’s strategic objectives.
The Bureau also serves as agency liaison during General Assembly sessions, reviewing legislation involving criminal justice and traffic safety.
- Criminal Justice Information Services
- Information Technology and Planning
- Human Resources
- Property and Finance