Virginia State Police Employment Opportunities
Applications, resumes and/or cover letters will only be accepted online through the Virginia Department of Human Resource Management's website.
Automatic disqualifiers for civilian employment
1. Any felony conviction (at any age).
2. Any illegal use of any controlled substance (illegal drug) listed in Schedule I or Schedule II of Title 54.1 of the Code of Virginia in the past five years or the illegal use of any controlled substance listed in Schedule I or Schedule II more than twice in the past 10 years. The use of any hallucinogenic substance such as LSD, PCP or Psilcybin at any time in the past 10 years.
3. The illegal use of any drug during the last 12 months.
4. Illegal sale of any drug or narcotic at any time in your life.
5. A conviction of driving under the influence in the past five years, or more than one conviction of driving under the influence in the applicant's lifetime, if the position requires the operation of Virginia State Police vehicles.
6. Active revocation or suspension of driving privileges in any state, if the position requires the operation of Virgina State Police vehicles.
7. Any conviction that required the registration on any Sex Offender Registry.
8. Falsification of applicant with intent to conceal or mislead.
9. Documented untruthfulness during applicant process.